How does Coaching work?
Coaching is available either by in-person session or by phone sessions. Skype sessions are available for international communication. The initial consultation is 90 minutes and each follow-up session is 60 minutes in length. There are options for 30 minute phone follow-up session. Generally, I see or talk to my clients on a bi-weekly basis or monthly basis, but this can vary. Depending on the situation, many times it is appropriate to hold sessions more or less frequently. Because everyone is unique, each person travels their journey at a different pace and so appropriate adjustments are made along the way.
If you feel that you are not ready for private coaching, consider registering for the RESTART® 5-week Group Program (available both in-person and virtual). In the group program, you will learn about the fundamental nutrition topics at a quicker pace and with the support of other program participants! Many people find this option extremely helpful prior to private coaching. Be sure to read more HERE for more details.
What takes place in our sessions?
Sessions are spent discussing topics, your progress, providing recommendations and forming action plans together. Therefore, both education aspects AND application tools are discussed. Each session builds upon the previous session, creating a gradual and gentle transition.
How long would we work together?
Because sessions build upon the previous session, I see my clients do best when working together in a series of session. I value individualized attention and thorough sessions. Therefore, after the initial session, I work with my clients in a series of sessions, usually ranging between 4 and 8 sessions. During the first initial consultation, together we will get a feel for how many sessions would be a comfortable place to start. We then will have a plan and a vision in sight of how we will work together. Working together in a series of sessions, the transition and changes are more likely to be sustainable. That's what we need – something that works and sticks! You may choose to schedule sessions every week, every 2 weeks or even monthly! Whatever is doable for you and appropriate for your situation and needs. Again, I generally recommend bi-weekly sessions or monthly session.
When can sessions be scheduled?
Sessions will be scheduled based upon both of our availability. I hold day-time and evening hours. It's best to schedule out in advance, in order to secure the time/day that works best for you.
What all is included and what is my investment?
Included in our work together are the following:
- Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire analysis - This involves helping you to connect the dots between your health concerns and the foundations of REAL food.
- 3-Day Food Journal analysis
- Basic email support between sessions to be answered in 48 hours (A charge will incur for non-basic emails.)
- Handouts/Education Materials/Recipes as needed to support your goals
- Clear action steps (which we discuss together) for you to implement and act upon
- My personal commitment to you to support and guide you the entire way
The investment involved in working together is based upon the following structure:
- Initial Consultation - 90 minutes (In-Person = $195 Phone = $175)*
- The Trio Package - 90 minute Initial Consultation + TWO 1-hour follow-up sessions (In-Person = $435 Phone = $375)** 15% Discount for previous RESTART® students
- The Five Package - 90 minute Initial Consultation + FOUR 1-hour follow-up sessions (In-Person = $705 Phone = $605)** 15% Discount for previous RESTART® students
- 1 60 minute follow-up session (In-Person = $140 Phone = $120) THIS IS RESERVED FOR ONLY THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED A PACKAGE AND JUST NEED TO CHECK-IN FROM TIME TO TIME.
- 1 30 minute follow-up session (PHONE ONLY = $80) THIS IS RESERVED FOR ONLY THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED A PACKAGE AND JUST NEED TO CHECK-IN FROM TIME TO TIME.
*If you find you want to schedule 90-minute sessions, please use the Initial Consultation option, even if we have already had the Initial Consultation.
**If we find that we need shorter follow-up sessions, for example 30 minutes, we can schedule 30 minute phone follow-ups. 30 minute in-person follow-up sessions are not available.*
*IN-PERSON SESSION TIME CAN BE USED FOR FORMAL OFFICE SESSIONS, HEALTH FOOD STORE TOURS (90 minutes minimum) OR IN-HOME PANTRY CLEAN-OUT SESSIONS (90 minutes minimum).*
Payment Options & Details
In order to secure our appointment time, payment is required. Payments may be made by check or credit card in my office or by paypal below (any card can be used). *Payments for any appointment or package is required via check or PayPal (using any card) in order to secure the appointment. If the appointment is scheduled less than 1 week away, the payment must be submitted online below.*
Policies for both In-Person Clients and Phone Clients:
- Sessions must be started within 30 days of purchase.
- If you purchase a package of follow-up sessions, the last session must be used within 6 months from the previous session.
- Refunds will not be issued. This is an investment in yourself and commitment to your health and well-being.
Does my practice accept insurance?
I do not participate with insurance. In my opinion, insurance companies are generally in the business of prescriptions, surgeries and procedures – usually not with enabling people to truly learn about nutrition and REAL food, to obtain the tools they need to heal and be well with optimal health. I do not believe that answers to true sustainable health exist in the current conventional mainstream medical approach. Because my approach is unique from the mainstream health beliefs (which most practitioners that participate with insurance companies follow), my clients gladly invest in their health and pay out-of-pocket for my services. Some are able to use their HSA (Health Spending Account). It always depends on the particular plan but upon request, I can always provide a detailed receipt with which you may attempt to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.
Free 15-minute Meet & Greet Phone Call
This is a great way to get acquainted. In this call, we will talk about your top goals/concerns and what it would look like if we worked together. Many people opt for the Meet & Greet Phone Call but many also go right ahead into the Initial Consultation, which is where we get into more detail. Please note, the Meet & Greet Phone Call is not for goal-setting or recommendations. It is a brief "hello" phone call to see if we would be a good fit.
Ready? Let's get started!
Just complete payment below for the initial consultation or package of your choice. You may also choose to mail me a check in order to avoid the credit card convenience fee but you must email me to let me know you are doing so. Upon receiving payment, we will schedule the initial consultation. If you have limited availability, please contact me asap so we can quickly secure the day/time you need. Also, upon receiving payment and scheduling our initial consultation, I will email you paperwork, including a health history form, a 3-day food journal and an online questionnaire, to complete prior to our initial consultation.
I look forward to working together!
Pay Online via PayPal
Please note the following:
- Be sure to submit your full name AND best contact phone number.
- Refunds will not be issued. This is an investment in yourself and committment to your health and well-being.
- The credit card convenience fee can be avoided by mailing a check - this must be received before securing our appointment.